Where and When:
- Rio Americano, 4540 American River Drive, Sacramento, CA
- Sunday, September 8, 2013
- 6:15am-7:45am – Late Registration & Packet Pickup (Only Cash or Check accepted during late registration.)
- 7:00AM – 10 Mile Migration for runners (10 minutes/mile or slower)
- 8:00AM – 10 Mile Stampede and 2×5 Mile Relay for all runners (faster than 10 minutes/mile)
- 9:30AM – FREE Kid’s 1/2 Mile Fun Run
- 10:00AM – Awards
- 10:30AM – Course closes
Entry Fees and Deadlines:
Postmarked/online by July 21: $35 individual/$60 Relay
Postmarked/online by August 15: $40 individual/$70 Relay
Postmarked by Aug. 30/Online by September 3: $45 individual/$80 Relay
At Fleet Feet, 2311 J Street, Sacramento (cash or check only), on Friday, Sept. 6, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. or or Sat., Sept. 7, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: $45 indiv./$80 Relay
Race Day, Sept. 8 at Rio Americano High School, 6:15 to 7:45 a.m. (cash or check only): $50 indiv./$90 Relay)
For more information contact the race director: email@example.com
The 2013 Buffalo Stampede and Parrott Migration beneficiaries include:
- Rio Americano High School
- C.K. McClatchy High School
Follow this link:
From US Highway 50: Exit at Watt Ave North.From Watt Avenue, take the American River Drive exit. Turn right (east) and continue about 1.5 miles east on American River Drive. Parking is available at the school at no charge.
From Business 80 and Interstate 80: Exit at Watt Ave South. From proceed South on Watt Avenue and take the American River Drive exit. Turn left (east) and continue about 1.5 miles east on American River Drive. Parking is available at the school at no charge.
The Buffalo Stampede & Parrott Migration both start and finish at Rio Americano High School in Sacramento, California. The flat, fast, and certified course is held on the wide, paved, partly shaded streets of Sacramento. Well-stocked aid stations and helpful volunteers will provide you with a wonderful fall walking, running, and racing experience. This premier event benefits Rio Americano and McClatchy High Schools’ athletic and music programs.
- Migration participants are not eligible for age division awards.
- Medallions to all finishers of the children’s 1/2-mile fun run.
- Awards to top three finishers in 10-year age groups for THE BUFFALO STAMPEDE RACE ONLY.
- STAMPEDE RACE participants MUST start at 8:00 AM to be eligible for awards.
- Participants MUST be present to receive award. AWARDS WILL NOT BE MAILED.
Buzz Oates Series:
The Buffalo Stampede 10-mile Run is part of the Buzz Oates Run Sac Race Series. The Buzz Oates Run Sac Race Series is a year-long points competition with top area runners of all ages competing for over $6,000 in prize money and bonuses. Points are earned based on age-graded performances in more than a dozen top Sacramento-area road races.
Packet Pickup and Late Registration:
Packet pickup will be at Fleet Feet Sacramento, 2311 J Street, Friday, Sept. 6, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, Sept. 7, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Race-day registration will take place between 6:15 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. at Rio Americano High School.*Migration is for people with a pace over 10 minutes a mile **Stampede Racers will not be eligible for awards with a 7:00 AM start.
2012 Race Results
Important Rules and Guidelines
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- George Parrott Migration Participants are not eligible for awards.
- Stampede Racers must have an 8:00 AM start time to be eligible for awards.
- Absolutely NO refunds.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinators
Official Chip Timing provided by: