Congratulations to all of our runners!
2013 Race Results*Migration is for people with a pace over 10 minutes a mile **Stampede Racers will not be eligible for awards with a 7:00 AM start.
Prior year’s results can be found at Capitol Road Race Management.
Where and When:
- Rio Americano, 4540 American River Drive, Sacramento, CA
- Sunday, September 8, 2013
- 6:15AM-7:45AM – Late Registration & Packet Pickup (Please bring only cash or check for race day registration)
- 7AM-10 Mile Migration for runners (10 minutes/mile or slower)
- 8AM – 10 Mile Stampede (10 minutes/mile or faster)
- 9:30AM-FREE Kid’s 1/2 Mile Fun Run
- 10AM -Awards
- 10:30AM – Course closes
Entry Fees and Deadlines:
Postmarked/online by July 21: $35 individual
Postmarked/online by August 15: $40 individual
Postmarked by Aug. 30/Online by September 5: $45 individual
At Fleet Feet, 2311 J Street, Sacramento (cash or check only), on Friday, Sept. 6, 10AM to 7PM: $45
Race Day, Sept. 8 at Rio Americano High School, 6:15AM to 7:45AM (cash or check only): $50)
The 2013 Buffalo Stampede and Parrott Migration beneficiaries include:
- Rio Americano High School
- C.K. McClatchy High School
- Fit For Girls, a local after-school program that seeks to improve overall health and well-being in middle-school girls
Follow this link:
For mail-in registration click here.
From US Highway 50: Exit at Watt Ave North.From Watt Avenue, take the American River Drive exit. Turn right (east) and continue about 1.5 miles east on American River Drive. Parking is available at the school at no charge.
From Business 80 and Interstate 80: Exit at Watt Ave South. Proceed south on Watt Avenue and take the American River Drive exit. Turn left (east) and continue about 1.5 miles east on American River Drive. Parking is available at the school at no charge.
The Buffalo Stampede & the George Parrott Migration both start and finish at Rio Americano High School in Sacramento, California. Held on the first Sunday after Labor Day, this local tradition kicks off the start of fall’s racing season. The fast and certified course is part of the Buzz Oates Run Sac Race Series. It is one of the four events that the Buffalo Chips Running Club sponsors each year. Along with the Stampede and the Migration, the morning’s festivities include the popular free kids run that is overseen by Rio Americano’s High School cross country team. There is a $200 bonus prize if you break the course record!
The Buffalo Stampede Course record is:
Buffalo Stampede Rich McCandless 49:07 (1988) Lisabet Sunshine 1:00:01.6 (2009)
- Migration participants are not eligible for age division awards.
- Medallions to all finishers of the children’s 1/2-mile fun run!
- Awards to top three finishers in 10-year age groups for the Buffalo Stampede Race.
- Stampede Race participants must start at 8:00 AM to be eligible for awards.
- Participants need to be present to receive awards.
Buzz Oates Series:
The Buffalo Stampede 10-mile Run is part of the Buzz Oates Run Sac Race Series. The Buzz Oates Run Sac Race Series is a year-long points competition with top area runners of all ages competing for over $6,000 in prize money and bonuses. Points are earned based on age-graded performances in more than a dozen top Sacramento-area road races.
Important Rules and Guidelines
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- George Parrott Migration Participants are not eligible for awards.
- Stampede Racers must have an 8:00 AM start time to be eligible for awards.
- Sorry no refunds.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator
Official Chip Timing provided by:
“Like” us on Facebook and receive updates for race information.
Thank you to our Sponsors!