50 mile, 50K, 30k and Half Marathon
ALERT! — RACE LOCATION/ TIMES CHANGED — ALERT!
2016 Race Results
|Half Marathon Overall|
Prior year’s results can be found at Capitol Road Race Management.
Men’s 50K Course Records
|under 30||Mike Gottardi||3:10:21||1996|
Women’s 50k Course Records
|under 30||Devon Crosby-Helms||3:32:02||2007|
1) Online Registration —-> Registration will open in fall 2016, click here to register. There is no fee for online registration.
2) Although we’d rather you register online, if you must, here is the Printable Entry Form (PDF). As mentioned above, there is no fee for online registration.
3) PA winner discounts should automatically apply when you register online, as long as we have the correct email address on file. If it doesn’t work, send us a note and we”ll hook you up. There will be a discount code for current Buffalo Chips members. Ask if you don’t know it.
On-line registration opens fall 2016.
|Before 12/18/16||12/18/16 to 1/15/17||1/16/17 to Race day|
Special Screaming Deal for current Buffalo Chips members and runners under 18:
- 30 km or half marathon – before 1/18/16 $35 (Otherwise, it’s $10 off any race’s current price.)
For this year’s race, we are continuing with the course along the American River that we’ve used since 2011. We believe you will really enjoy this course. The staging area (start/finish) is the Watt Avenue access to the American River Parkway. We found this to be a very fast course, and virtually identical to the marathon course for the 2011 World Masters Championships. This is not a trail race.
The course starts out at the Watt Avenue access on the south side of the river (off La Riviera Dr). Head west on the paved bike path along the south side of the river to the Guy West Bridge. Cross the river and head east along the levee road to Howe Ave. Run under Howe Ave and proceed along the dirt road next to the levee to Watt Ave. Cross the river on the Watt Avenue bridge and run down the steep, short hill to the start. Repeat as necessary.
There is a Gmaps Pedometer map.
Aid stations will be at the start/finish area and at the Howe Ave bridge on the north side of the river. There are also drinking fountains and restrooms along the course.
Pacific Association USATF Grand Prix:
The Jed Smith 50Km is traditionally the first event in the Pacific Association USA Track and Field Ultra Grand Prix Series. In order to qualify for Grand Prix points and awards, you must be a PAUSATF member prior to the start of the race. Runners may join PAUSATF online.
Membership applications are also available in California Track & Running News (sent free bi-monthly to members) or from the PAUSATF office at 120 Ponderosa Court, Folsom 95630, (916) 983-4715.
Race Director’s Message
We are very sorry for the last minute change. The high river water flows and recent strong wind storms that blew trees over ultimately required the course location change. We made every effort, working with the Sacramento County Regional Parks, to make the Jed Smith AR Parkway course workable for this year but, Regional Parks determined it was not safe to open Watt Ave. access this weekend. Safety is all of our main concern, especially on a long run like Jed Smith and we don’t want anyone to get hurt.
Logistics and details for Commerce Circle race course:
The Commerce Circle course is a fully certified USATF 2,000 Meter loop course. Start/Finish line will be located in front of the Boy Scouts building.
Course is flat & fast and all on pavement.
There is plenty of parking behind the Boy Scout building and also street parking is available.
There will be one Aid Station located at the Start/Finish line.
See you all on Saturday.
Buffalo Chips Running Club
John Feeney RD
Race Day Schedule:
- Packet Pickup opens at 6:30 AM
- 50-mile race starts at 8:00 AM
- 50 km race starts at 9:00 AM
- 30 km and half marathon race starts at 10:00 AM
- Race closes at 6:00 PM.
Staging area will be at 251 Commerce Cir, Sacramento, CA 95815